If you are looking to upgrade your vehicle, one of the things you can replace is the headlights. Whether it is because it is broken or you simply want a different look for your car, it’s a good idea to get new headlights. In that case, you can look for the best aftermarket headlights for Chevy Silverado in the reviews below.
Top 6 Best Aftermarket Headlights for Silverado
- Top 6 Best Aftermarket Headlights for Silverado
- AUTOSAVER88 Headlight Assembly Headlamp with Bumper Lights – The Editor’s Pick
- AUTOSAVER88 Headlight Assembly Kit, Black Housing with Bumper Lamp – The Second-Best Product
- Auto Dynasty Store 4Pcs Chrome Headlight for Chevy Silverado Avalanche 03-07 – The Budget Pick
- DEPO 335-1145L-AC Headlight Assembly – The Upgrade Pick
- Are Aftermarket Headlights a Good Investment?
- Factors to Consider When Looking for the Best Aftermarket Headlights for Silverado
- F.A.Q.s on the Best Aftermarket Headlights for Silverado
Below are the most highly recommended aftermarket headlights for Silverado in the market today:
AUTOSAVER88 Headlight Assembly Headlamp is the aftermarket headlight atop our list in style, toughness, and quality. It is a headlamp that includes bumper lights compatible with various Chevrolet cars. Many car owners seem to like this headlight assembly for its stylish design, which is excellent if you want your vehicle to look great on the road.
In terms of construction, AUTOSAVER88 boasts of these aftermarket headlights’ heavy-duty housings. They said to be made of the best O.E.M. grade A.B.S. plastic, which gives the headlights the capacity to resist weather and impact. Durability is one of the qualities that AUTOSAVER88 made sure to focus on when they made these headlights assembly.
AUTOSAVER88 also guarantees the quality of the headlights by ensuring they are thoroughly tested. The headlights were examined for smooth operation, heat and impact resistance, and endurance. When you receive the units, they should also be completely sealed, preventing moisture from getting trapped in the housing.
As all of AUTOSAVER88’s products, this headlight assembly adheres to the safety standards of both D.O.T. and S.A.E. When it comes to installation, this unit follows the plug-n-play style. It is a compatible replacement for a Chevy Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe factory parts without the need for drilling or modification.
- 1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 & 2500
- 2001-2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD, 2500HD & 3500HD
- 2000-2006 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 & 2500
- 2000-2006 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Perfect fit
- Stylish looking
- Easy to install
- Great buy for your money
- Feels flimsy according to users
AUTOSAVER88 Headlight Assembly Kit, Black Housing with Bumper Lamp – The Second-Best Product
This headlight assembly kit from AUTOSAVER88 is not only one of the best aftermarket headlights for Chevy Silverado, but also Chevy Avalanche. AUTOSAVER88 also guarantees these headlights’ quality, but many users do not like that it is made of plastic. It might turn you off, but let’s see what more it has to offer.
AUTOSAVER88 says that although plastic, it is of superior quality as it uses O.E.M. grade plastic. It is also tested thoroughly, checked for smooth operations as according to what AUTOSAVER88 claims. The headlights are also completely sealed so that moisture won’t get trapped inside the headlights.
You can expect the headlights to be resistant to heat and impact with superior toughness. That said, it should be able to handle rough roads for a long time. The installation is also as easy as simply plugging it. The headlights are bolt-on style, so no need for modification or drilling to mount them on your car.
This unit comes with a new reflector, so your car will have better lighting enough to illuminate the road even in bad weather. It should provide you with a comfortable and safe driving experience. One of these headlights’ most significant advantages is that it lets you see wider, farther, and much better.
- 2003 – 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500, 1500HD & 2500HD Pickup
- 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 1500HD, 2500HD & 3500 Classic Body Pickup Only
- 2003 – 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 & 2500 Pickup (No Body Cladding)
- Heat and impact resistant
- Looks stylish
- High compatibility with various Chevy vehicles
- Visibility even in bad weather
- The adjuster malfunctions
- Made only from plastic
As one of the leading names in car performance solutions, Auto Dynasty proudly introduces this 4pcs Chrome Headlight. It is the latest version of the Auto Dynasty’s headlights with an O.E. style. It also has bumper lamps, which attract car owners to buy them since it comes with extra replacement parts.
It is a full set kit, so everything you need should be in the package. Installation is easy since it adopts the plug-n-play technology. You can easily set the headlights within 30 minutes, which is a big help for inexperienced users. As one of the best aftermarket headlights for 2006 Silverado, it increases your Chevy car’s style and appearance.
- 2003 – 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 & 2500
- 2003 – 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500, 1500HD & 2500HD
- 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 1500HD, 2500HD & 3500 Classic
*fits only models that do not have factory cladding
- Perfect fit
- Good compatibility with several Chevy models
- Stylish look
- Lights the way at night and even in bad weather
- Easy to install
- Does not include bulbs
- Does not include installation instructions
If you are looking for a real upgrade, DEPO 335-1145L-AC gives the best it can offer. This one boasts of exceeding the S.A.E. and D.O.T. standards, making it one of the highest quality aftermarket headlights in the market today. Like the first three headlights mentioned in this list, this one is also super easy to install.
There is also no need for any particular modification, and the kit comes complete with everything you need. The unit includes the bulb, the headlamp assembly with socket and bulb, and the signal lamp’s lights. DEPO 335-1145L-AC is an excellent unit that just might be what you are looking for in an upgrade in terms of function and style.
This assembly kit boasts a classy and unique design with a sleek look and elegant feel. It provides enough light dispersal for traveling at night, even in unlit roads. As it comes with CAPA certification and rating, so there is a good chance it is one of the best aftermarket headlights for Silverado that you can find.
- 2007 – 2013 Chevrolet Silverado
- Classic design
- CAPA certified
- D.O.T. compliant
- Easy to install
- Moisture issue
- Not a Halo light
Many users regard D.N.A. Motoring HL-OH-CS99-4P-SM-AB to be one of the budget-friendly headlight assemblies in this list. This assembly’s most notable feature is its reflector and lens, which are both said to be of high-quality. It has a smoked amber color that can give your Chevy Silverado with a really nice look.
It has a professional look quality, which is one of its winning features. The assembly has a 304 stainless steel construction, giving it extra strength, durability, and longevity. Its light is sufficient enough to ensure you can drive out at night without worry. It is an easy to install headlight assembly kit capable of giving you optimum lighting.
- 1999 – 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 & 2500
- 2001 – 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD, 2500HD 3500HD
- 2000 – 2006 Chevrolet Suburban 1500, 2500 & Tahoe
- Durable and sturdy
- Complete set (driver and passenger side)
- Easy to install
- Not night enough light reflection
- Doesn’t include bulbs
- AUTOANDART Aftermarket Replacement Headlights & Side Signal Marker Lamps – The Best for Silverado Pickup Truck
As one of the best aftermarket headlights for Silverado in this list, these advanced headlights make an ideal choice for maximum enthusiasts. AUTOANDART’s Aftermarket Replacement Headlights are a fresh option made especially for Silverado pickup trucks. It claims to have impressive quality with low and high-beam light bulbs for perfect illumination.
AUTOANDART’s Aftermarket Replacement Headlights is D.O.T. and O.E.M. Look certified. That means you can reasonably expect that this one has both good fit, function, and look. It has also been tested thoroughly for all conditions. It is easy to install and compatible with Suburban and Tahoe models, making it a good option for an upgrade.
- 1999 – 2002 Chevrolet Silverado pickup trucks
- 2000 – 2006 Chevrolet Suburban & Tahoe
- Perfect fit for Silverado pickup trucks
- Excellent style
- Good light
- Low and high beams
- Easy to install
- Water condensation issue
- Difficulty aligning
- Mismatch headlights issue
Are Aftermarket Headlights a Good Investment?
Is it really necessary to buy new headlights for your Chevy Silverado? It is a question that must be on your mind for a while now. This question does not have a yes or no answer because everyone has different views regarding aftermarket headlights. It really depends on what you feel about your car.
If you want it to look great and highly functional all the time, then you will eventually need to upgrade it after a while of use. On the other hand, you can choose not to upgrade your headlights if you are perfectly fine with how your car’s factory parts work right now. Not to mention, it depends on the brand you’re looking into and your budget.
If you feel like you want to upgrade your Chevy Silverado’s headlights but still need some convincing, below are some of the strengths and weaknesses of aftermarket headlights. There are a lot of benefits to aftermarket headlights, but there are also drawbacks to them. Consider them before you decide whether to go for it.
Advantages of Aftermarket Headlights
- They add a custom look to your car, S.U.V., or truck.
- Most products available are S.A.E. and D.O.T. certified, so they completely street legal.
- They often have L.E.D. Halo rings, colored or color-changing accents, and other details that make them more attractive.
- They can have L.E.D. Halo rings, among other design options for a more aggressive look.
- They are sometimes available with a reflector beam pattern or projector with adjustment screws.
- They are available with everything needed for installation.
- They adopt a plug-n-play technology for installation so you can mount them with simply basic technical skills.
- They have increased performance thanks to CAD technology
Disadvantages of Aftermarket Headlights
- Repairing aftermarket headlights can be costly.
- Some aftermarket headlights do not include the bulbs.
- Most headlights have built-in L.E.D. strips with non-replacement L.E.D.
- Headlights with L.E.D. strips need extra load resistors to work.
- Many aftermarket headlights have low weather resistance.
Think about this information and weigh them to decide if you think it is good to upgrade your Chevy Silverado’s headlights.
Factors to Consider When Looking for the Best Aftermarket Headlights for Silverado
It is not easy to find the right aftermarket headlights for your Chevy Silverado. The biggest hurdle is your car itself. The Chevrolet Silverado has been around for decades, so there are many different models available. Thus, it can be overwhelming to find which headlights are for your specific Chevy Silverado, especially if you are an inexperienced customer.
But don’t worry. Below are some things that can help you when shopping for the best aftermarket headlights for your Chevy Silverado:
- Your Specific Chevy Silverado Model
The first factor to keep in mind is, of course, the specific model of your Chevy Silverado. Everything else will be useless if the kit you bought is not compatible with your vehicle. With that being the case, start getting to know your model. Consult with a mechanic if you are unsure what model your Silverado is to understand what headlights fit it.
When you finally know the exact model of your Chevy Silverado, then you can be confident in buying the right aftermarket headlights. That being the case, remember to look at the compatibility of all the headlights mentioned above. That way, you can be sure that you buy the one that will fit your Silverado.
- Brand and Quality
Many brands are offering a wide array of headlights kit for Chevy Silverado. If you want the best, you should look at the most renowned and reputed brands known for quality headlights. The top brands for aftermarket headlights are AUTOSAVER88, D.N.A. Motoring, DEPO, Auto Dynasty, and Spyder Auto.
Check the lumens of your choice of headlights, which measures the brightness you can see at the necked eye. A bulb with more lumens is a bright bulb, so better choose that one. Of course, do not forget to select the significantly durable headlights. You want them to be able to take on the rough road conditions.
- The Type of Light Bulb
One critical factor to consider when looking for aftermarket headlights is the type of bulb. It is best to get a light bulb that is bright and reliable, especially at night and during harsh weather conditions. Your available choices include:
- L.E.D. – It is the latest option available and is highly energy efficient. It can produce bright light even though it uses less power.
- Halogen – They are long-lasting and produce reasonable brightness but are less energy efficient.
- Xenon – These bulbs are more modern, durable, and energy-efficient. They also produce a brighter light than halogen.
It is best to choose headlights that are easy to install. Some might need drilling or modifications, but most are plug-n-play or bolt-in. These types are easy to mount even if the unit did not include installation manuals. Easy to install headlights mean you do not need an expert installer to mount them.
- Style and Looks
Since you are already upgrading your Chevy Silverado’s factory headlights, it would be great to get new ones that look great. Of course, choose those that go with your style and preference. That way, you can boost the appearance of your Chevy Silverado while also improving its illuminating ability.
Last but not least, consider your budget. Remember this one rule – you get what you pay for – which means cheap headlights are likely cheap in quality as well. You may be able to find budget-friendly ones that are great, but that takes careful shopping. But if you want to get the best, know that it will be quite a sum of money.
F.A.Q.s on the Best Aftermarket Headlights for Silverado
What is the best aftermarket headlights for Chevy Silverado?
As you can see in this article, the best aftermarket headlights for Chevy Silverado we recommend is AUTOSAVER88 Headlight Assembly Headlamp with Bumper Lights. It is stylish, super easy to install, sturdy, and compatible with multiple Silverado models. It is an excellent value for money that puts it at the top of options for aftermarket headlights.
What is the best brand of aftermarket headlights?
The best brand of aftermarket headlights, we believe, is a matter of personal choice. But for us, we certainly like the headlights from AUTOSAVER88. Both our numbers 1 and 2 on this list are from this brand. They have excellent features, compatible with various models of Chevy Silverado, and offers good performance.
How to adjust the headlights on a Chevy Silverado?
It’s easy. First, turn the screws on the top part of the headlamps to the clockwise direction. It will then increase the beam. That means turning it anti-clockwise will lower the beam. You can simply turn the screw to fix the headlights the way you want.
How do you install L.E.D. headlights on a Chevy Silverado?
The simplest way of installing headlights, L.E.D. or not, starts with opening the car’s hood. After that, find the backside of the headlight assembly. Once you found it, disconnect the harnesses gently from every headlight assembly. Move them aside. You can usually remove the headlight bulbs by turning the exposed plug counterclockwise, about 1/4 of a turn. Make sure you have clean hands before installing the new bulbs you bought. Be careful not to touch the bulb, especially the glass portion, or there is a chance it will fail. Put the bulb in the opposite order of the removal process. When it is complete, you can then flick them on to try if they work.
Well, there you go.
This list introduces you to some valuable information to find the best aftermarket headlights for Silverado. Before shopping around, keep in mind these:
- Your Chevy Silverado model
- Style and durability
- Brightness and type of bulbs
Considering these factors, the most highly recommended headlights in our list of reviews is AUTOSAVER88 Headlight Assembly Headlamp with Bumper Lights. This unit comes with both assembly and bumper lights, so that’s a big plus. More importantly, they are durable, stylish, and a perfect fit for multiple Chevy Silverados.
Read more: Best Sound System for Jeep Wrangler